BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a new member and have a question. I cannot seem to get much info regarding my BMW. We have had it for 16 years and bought it from the original owner. It is a 1994 M-tech. All original, down to the hurricane interior, alpine white and M-Tech markings. I have head many stories about the car, but not sure what to believe. Was hoping somebody out there my have some good knowledge of the car. We do not drive it a lot and would be hard to part with, but my wife wants a newer one. Should I hold onto it. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe the numbers are in the low hundreds for production numbers. If you sell, list it on enthusiast sits like here or bimmerforums. The average joe wont give a **** about a black hurricane interior, but someone like me? Well my head may explode. What were you hoping to get for the car? I mean, its not an m3, and even though its rarer, its collector value may never really be there when compared to a clean m3, but its very cool in its own right and certainly shouldn't be listed for the price of an average non m e36 either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was told that BMW never did give an official number for production but that is was under 200. So your number helps to confirm that. To be honest I am not sure what the value is. You are right about not letting it go for the same as a e36 and if I were to sell, not to do it on Craig's list. LOL. Thanks again for your reply

·
Registered
13,121 Posts
Harry (HNAZ) one of the forum regulars, has a M-Tech that he has lovingly restored and he's found out so far that it's worth about the same as any other clean E36. While there weren't many produced it seems they just weren't unique enough from other E36's demand much if any collectible premium.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
While it might be worth the same on paper, most that have them will ask for a premium above standard E36 prices due to limited production car.

Enthusiast Auto has/had one and it was in the thirties. Stock is best in this car's state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.