BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello BMW enthusiast, I am a new member to this. Only reason i joined is because you guys are really helpful so i just wanted to thank you first off.................I have a 95 525i the coolent level to the radiator seems to evaporate in a short period of time and recently started overheating. It went nuts for a minute not wanting to take any coolant.....it would overheat every 3 miles or so. Luckily a guy helped me out said there was steem or something boiling it up. He told me to bleed the little screw next t the radiator cap. Is that the right thing to do.....someone told me it could be my thermostat or my water pump can someone help plz!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Are you saying you have coolant disappearing, and are not sure where it's going? IOW, it's not on the ground. - If yes, it may be worth your time and effort to do an exhaust gas test via your radiator fill port. If you think it's venting over time, know that it doesn't usually just evaporate that quickly. Sure when it's turned to steam, some escapes. But from how your post reads to me, my understanding is unclear. How much coolant are you adding, and how often? Are you positive there is none dripping? Was work on the cooling system done recently, and the issue is potentially just an improper bleed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.