BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So my car makes this strange sound when I drive at speeds above around 140 km/h (87 mph). Some times the sound comes at a bit lower speeds like 130 km/h (80 mph) and sometimes at higher speeds such as 160 km/h (100 mph). The car is in stock condition, and it has always been well-maintained. Could anyone help me in locating where sound comes from?

I have uploaded a video where you can hear the sound while I'm driving at those speeds. The video is here: https://youtu.be/2Mxu6fM9Dfw

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sounds like it's inside the dash/interior area. But, if I didn't know any better I'd say it's the plastic trim pieces on the outside cowling rattling against the windshield at a specific wind velocity/speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car has a 5 speed manual transmission. And I have checked the windshield area and the plastic around the wipers, but yet no luck.

Also, I remember having the car's entire A/C system taken out since it was problematic and an A/C isn't needed much in my climate. Could that have something to do with this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.