BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'd like to replace my inside door panels for my convertible. Any idea where I can find parts for them? I'm looking for something basic, and not to replace them with OEMs. I'm guessing there are third party door cards out there.

Any insight appreciated. Cheers

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,985 Posts
Other than plain aluminum "racing" door cards, I don't know of any aftermarket pieces. Be aware of this, I believe that coupe door cards will not fit a cabrio. ANY E36 door cards in good condition are hard to find these days. They are almost universally poor pieces, falling apart by now, the result of a poor design. Any that are in good shape will bring huge money, particularly black ones. Recovering them is a very difficult DIY job, and if you find a shop that can recover them it will be a very expensive proposition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm finding the same. The coupe and cabrio doors are indeed the same. I tried DIY, which is why I'm in the situation I'm in now. They are upwards of $700 each. So, track cards are the ticket. Thanks for the input.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts