BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1995 525i is running rough all the sudden. I tested with a Peake 5 tester, and it came up code "10". According to the chart, that is the Crank Sensor. The car runs rough at idle, and sputters a bit while pushing gas. As RPM picks up, the sputter disapates, but is still present. It runs like it is missing a cylinder, or out of timing. It happened after running through some deep water, if that has anything o do with it?

Q: Is it ok to drive until I replace this part?

Q: Is this the cause of the problem? I tried the "stomp test", with no results, but think the Peake is pretty accurate.

Q: The Bentley book says the cr won't start with a faulty Crank Sensor, but my car starts and runs? Is this just a preliminary to the end of this sensor?

THanks to whoever can help!:thumbup: :mad: :dunno:

·
Young and dumb
220 Posts
hey i know this was awhile ago but did you ever find out what the problem was???

·
Resident e34 Racer
3,091 Posts
2011 man....

I think its fixed or gone by now...

·
Young and dumb
220 Posts
yeah im sure. worth a try though. im going through the same things with mine. it blows and cant wait to have my baby back:thumbup:

·
Resident e34 Racer
3,091 Posts
Having only 5 posts id suggest you do more research..

This is one if the most common threads available.. Its been like days since someone asked this..

That person is like you, joined to ask one question.. Got an Awnser and never came back..

99% chance he changed the sensor, it worked and so he moved on..

·
Young and dumb
220 Posts
yeah thanks man. im changing the sensor today so we will see. and I love these forums theres alot of cool **** on here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts