Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 1995 e36 325i with m50 swap. The car drive"s and then as I'm driving the abs light will flash then the car dies i still have headlight's and emergency flashers when this happens. The car will start up right after. I have checked the battery and post for good connections. I have checked the battery ground. please help thank you.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
So, you swapped an m50 with an m50?

I'd look at changing your abs relay, it's relatively inexpensive and easy to change.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Screamin demon
873 Posts
A 525i has the same engine as a 325i if it's from a e34. If your hazards come on it means you lost power. I would check your engine ground strap, the battery terminals, the negative battery cable to the frame, and check if your dme is grounding through its case. I would also check terminals on the altanator. And the dme relay. I just realised that's ALOT of stuff to check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for all the help. I will check all those things and report back. I had one question about how to check if the Dme is grounded to it case?. thanks again.

·
Screamin demon
873 Posts
You remove the dme from the compartment. Make sure it doesnt hit the power post thats in front of it. Maybe set it on a bag or somthing so its not touching the car. Turn the key to position 2. If the dash acts normal (the check engine light comes on)and the dme relay in the fuse box doesnt buzz your good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts