BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Maccannix
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my starter. What a pain. To do this I am removing the intake manifold (a must). After removing the intake manifold, I decided to replace all of the vacuum, fuel, and water hoses (it is a 1995 and the hoses are original). This is a can of worms. To figure out what hoses to order and how this is all connected, I made a diagram. I am sharing. Hope this may help someone. This is a collage of parts diagrams from realoem.com and pictures from around the net.

Attachments

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Great diagram. I'm about to do the same thing, except I'm changing out the ping sensor. I know I appreciate it. :thumbup:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Oh geez, which one?? LOOOL!! We have two of them on our engines. I just replaced both of them. Remember to torque them down to 15 lbs (or hand tight on a quarter inch ratchet).

But yeah, this diagram was AWESOME!!! I remember where everything goes, but it's always good to have something like this to reference while I am stuck and cussing in Sinhalese.

·
Maccannix
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update to Diagram

Thanks for the replies and feedback.

Since I am doing a parts list for ordering, I am doing an update of the diagram (one error) and the parts list in 2 pieces. Changes to the diagram include 1) a numbered circle corresponding to the "Area Key" on the parts list, 2) a correction for the new gold arrow, 3) additional areas. I did not include quantities. Note that I have noted that the kits on the fuel hoses can be done cheaper and with the same parts by getting bulk hose and clamps. Also note that the strike-through part numbers are duplicated on another diagram on the page. Hope this helps.

The RealOEM diagram address is how to navigate the image drill down. I added to several of the descriptions.

No, I did not give you the quantities. Buy what you will.

Hope this helps. I am trying to give back. This forum has helped me several times.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope it's not a problem to bump an old thread, but this helped me out so much. Thanks for taking the time to make this parts list. I'm dealing with an E36 S50 M3 that had a rat's nest in right on top of the fuel rail and most hoses need to be replaced.

Thanks again.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,738 Posts
Glad the forum helped! Thanks for joining. Welcome to Bimmerfest!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts