BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GREETINGS ALL! My 1996 Z3 is coming up for its 60,000 comprehensive maintenance and I want to take it to the BEST shop in the Chicago area.
I bought the car through Carmax, and they offer a package, but I am leery of what parts of the work they do and what they farm out, and to whom.
PLEASE if anyone lives in Chicago, let me know who you recommend. I am not looking for bargain basement prices, just want to be certain my car is kept in mint condition.
Anyone ever have this work done by Fields or Perillos? Any North Shore shops good?
And, I have heard that a place near Wicker Park called Thong's is an excellent shop, though I don't know how they do with bimmers.
Thanks all!

Plus, my car STILL has the A frame seal leak issue and leaks from someplace at the trunk brake light.

I figure that in addition to the normal cost of the 60K tasks, I will definitely need new front brake pads and rotors, and perhaps work on the rear wheel bearings someplace. What is an expected cost for a shop to do these things?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Winnetka BMW Shop is TOPS

Well, can answer myself and post for others now. Should any members live in the Chicago area, try Europa Imports, Inc. in Winnetka, at the junction of GreenBay Road and Tower Road. Per task, you'll pay about $100 less than a dealer (other than oil change, then they charge 70), and your car is usually done the same day. Ask for Mike Jr.
IT IS GREAT.
AVOID FIELDS BMW AT ALL COSTS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts