BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what to do with the automatic wiring once the manual is to be installed. please let me know thanks

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I vote to give this guy props for one of the most vague questions I have ever seen....

What exactly do you mean buddy?

·
U know how the game goes
705 Posts
I need to know what to do with the automatic wiring once the manual is to be installed. please let me know thanks
The transmission computer will be completely non-functional after the swap so you can remove it and snip/ the harness that runs down to the transmission.

When you remove the automatic shifter assembly you will find some wires under there that will need to be reconfigured so that your reverse lights work properly and so the car will think it's in "park" all the time (otherwise the car won't start).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
auto to manual tranny swap 97 328i

I am trying to find out exactly what to do with the automatic transmission wiring. since I will no longer be using an automatic. I switching to a 5 speed. but I need to fool the car to make it think it is still an auto. or that is what I have been told. do you know anything about this procedure? if so please let me know. your knowledge would be greatful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts