BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, has any one installed AE rings on Stock head lights on a 1997 528i (will post pics of stock lights). I wanted to see pics to check appearance is it worth $200+efforts to upgrade or should I just spend more and get the entire headlight by Hella with AE's, anyone know a good place to get a good deal on the Hella's?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I checked, I guess they are on sale. Did you upgrade yours on the stock lights. Can you send me a picture of yours via email ?
Thanks

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
We have installed multiple sets on the E39. If you are not looking to replace your entire headlight with our Projector39 system, the Predator Chromium Angel Eye kit is an affordable alternative.

These kits include a full installation guide (Jlevi exclusive), email/phone support, full lifetime warranty, everything you need for a complete installation using household tools, and a free built in remote kit :)

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=183&osCsid=bcc69ef2453cf95c52c817f6bcf302c0

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like white lights not red or blue or any other color. The stock is fine also. If I replaced the stock head light bulbs with H7 base bulbs which ring will be the most compatible? I want to match all these items. And if I get a H7 base bulb for the head lights do they make a H7 base bulb for the fog lights.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to buy the head lights of you but unfortunately I just spent $1300 getting the cooling system upgrade.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
If you just want to modify your current stock headlights, you will want our Predator Chromium Angel Eye kit. You can also purchase our Predator Xenix H7 bulbs which are xenon colored halogen replacement bulbs.

Feel free to visit our website, email ([email protected]) or call (1.888.JLEVISW) with any questions!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you just want to modify your current stock headlights, you will want our Predator Chromium Angel Eye kit. You can also purchase our Predator Xenix H7 bulbs which are xenon colored halogen replacement bulbs.

Feel free to visit our website, email ([email protected]) or call (1.888.JLEVISW) with any questions!
Do you have any pictures of a early model e39 with the kit and xenix bulbs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Predator Thinline...?

I too want to upgrade my stock non angel eyes for my 2000 528i headlights. I went to the Umnitz website. The only angel kit for the e39 i could find were a product called 'Predator Thinline' for 109$ are these the correct ones...? Are these the ones showed in the pics in this post...?

Cheers

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
samaj said:
I too want to upgrade my stock non angel eyes for my 2000 528i headlights. I went to the Umnitz website. The only angel kit for the e39 i could find were a product called 'Predator Thinline' for 109$ are these the correct ones...? Are these the ones showed in the pics in this post...?

Cheers
Nope, you want the Predator Chromiums available here:

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=183&osCsid=da230c46d316587a7a1b729e11729502

We have the thinlines as well but they will not provide that thick OEM look and are not as bright as the Chromiums. The difference is that the Chromiums have a preinstalled plastic surround with chrome backing to prevent glare into the headlight. They also create a fuller look.

Nick

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Nick

Thanks Nick for all the info.
I have a local dealer selling the Hella OEM AE (non zenon) but cost $400. I'am tempted to get your product since it costs half that. I just need to get the lense cleaned (typical haze or foggy effect).
Do u also offer some cleaning solution to clean the OEM headlight plastic lense?
-What upgrade bulb do u have to give the xenon light effect.( just bulb..no expensive add ons)
-I have the orange side repeaters.Can the lenseof that be changed as well?

Thanks...i'll be placing an order soon.

Samaj

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Unfortunately we don't carry anything to clean the headlight up but I have heard you can use very fine grit sand paper to accomplish the job.

We carry the Predator Xenix bulbs which are simple xenon colored halogen replacements. Here is the product page:

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=259&osCsid=155fc736fc8c7ce34b4c655f3f0ed29f

When you open the headlights for the angel eye install, you can pop off those orange reflectors just like in the pic above :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts