BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a 97 540 with a little over 100k with a bad engine. What do you all think it might be worth?

Thanks,

Jason

·
X
227 Posts
Source a good engine from Bavarian Auto Recycling. I think you can get one with 60k for 3-4k.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
where did you find it? :shifty: lol...

seriously... where? :) interested in making a track car.

uggg... it's up in albany... bummer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
omg... that post ^^ was f'ing HILLARIOUS!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
What killed the engine? Could the tranny and/or diff be effected?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from the way it was told the engine threw a rod. Was smoking at idle then while the machine shop was checking it out "something smashed through the oil pan and all the oil fell out and now the engine won't turn".

Its Black on Black automatic, the leather is pretty good with some wear on the drivers seat, wood trim is OK, is a Non-sport with 16" wheels. Has DSP and a cell phone(the old style one) The rest of the leather is cherry. It has the high cluster(too bad i can't switch that out) has the nonclown nose dimming mirror as well.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
if i was to go up to that area and pick it up, i wouldn't offer more then $1250... gas is expensive to go pick it up!

then i'll just strip the sucker and make it a complete track car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i was to go up to that area and pick it up, i wouldn't offer more then $1250... gas is expensive to go pick it up!

then i'll just strip the sucker and make it a complete track car.
How much is it worth to you with some of the stuff already stripped? I would like to swap out the bumper and panels for mine which are a little beat up(broken tabs and such, noting cosmetic), I would swap the hood(a few less chips than mine has) I was thinking the phone, DSP amp and MID would be nice to have to play with. I was also eyeing the wood trim seats, carpets etc., and other assorted electrical dooddads that might be nice to have laying around. Hell i might even be able to drag it down there for you if the price was right. Give me an idea of what you mean by stripped as we might have the makings of an interesting deal here.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
How much is it worth to you with some of the stuff already stripped? I would like to swap out the bumper and panels for mine which are a little beat up(broken tabs and such, noting cosmetic), I would swap the hood(a few less chips than mine has) I was thinking the phone, DSP amp and MID would be nice to have to play with. I was also eyeing the wood trim seats, carpets etc., and other assorted electrical dooddads that might be nice to have laying around. Hell i might even be able to drag it down there for you if the price was right. Give me an idea of what you mean by stripped as we might have the makings of an interesting deal here.
i need 2 seats and basic wiring. radio: not needed. rear seats, not needed. rear door panels, not needed. roof liner, not needed. sunroof stuff: YES, NEEDED (or it'll leak!), hood, don't care. bumpers, kinda need it to pass inspection of some sort. speakers, not needed. carpet, definately not needed. center console, maybe... probably not. would really prefer 6 spd.... hum.... might be a problem, not sure yet. door panel: just the front 2. MID, maybe (will need to check out the quick pre-lims).

non-running shell like that... not sure since it's autotragic and that's going to be a PITA to work with.... PM me what you want for a half shelled out 540 w.blown motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts