BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
540i Indulgance
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am looking for a used rear differential for my 1997 540i 6 speed. Along with some advice. Is anyone selling one please pm me if so and also will any e39 I.e. 525 530 and so on bolt onto my car? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer

·
Registered
954 Posts
Try looking in the classified section, you'll have better luck finding one there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
No problem, glad I could help.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there will be a selection box labeled "Forum jump" scroll all the way down that and you'll see a section labeled "classifieds" :thumbup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
No problem, glad I could help.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there will be a selection box labeled "Forum jump" scroll all the way down that and you'll see a section labeled "classifieds" :thumbup:
Search ebay, lots of 540 open 3.15 diffs out there, $150 - $300.

dave

·
540i Indulgance
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now with the 3:15 do I have to change half shafts and driveshaft?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Now with the 3:15 do I have to change half shafts and driveshaft?

I upgraded my 2.81 diff to M5 LSD diff, so half shafts and DS needed replacement. You should not need to assuming you get a 540 3.15 diff. Not sure if 1997 model year causes any issues, maybe someone else knows for sure.

dave
03 540i6

·
540i Indulgance
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dave I would like to go a little taller in the rear but I just replaces half shafts and drivrshaft so I'm not looking to have to swap again haha .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts