BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have bought a 1998 323i convertible recently shrotly afterwards the hood stopped working, no power no nothing, fuses all appear ok, sometimes i have noticed there is power but it creates a massive current draw. the vehicle is trying to operate the roof but its as if its stuck!

Then other times it goes back to no power, im suspecting the boot/trunk lid lock is involved, does anyone any pointers its weird it just didnt work one day but the intermittant power thing is strange, its a massive power drain that dims lighting and actually effects the revs as it tries to operate, yet doesnt blow any fuses!

then the next minute no power!

help please! thanks

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Hood equals tonneau cover? Do you hear anything is the front motor over the windshield making noise and the latches unlatching and lifting up? I need a lot more info regarding exactly what you tried and what you heard and observed.
Most times the cause is a bumped microswitch that stops the top from operating right.
Standing by for more information...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.