BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello...i hope someone can help. my heater will not stop blowing hot air. it seems to be stuck on 75 degrees farenheight. tried turning the heater of but still i can feel hot air while driving. Pls help. Also my ac will not work. where do i start. do i need to charge with freon?

·
Registered
12,461 Posts
this sounds like it could be a heater control valve failure. i would try seeing what comes up under ''heater control valve' in the search function.

as for being low in refrigerant, it may be that as well, so i would check the vent temps with a thermometer to see what it is at the vent.

i would also check to see if the compressor engages. if it does not engange, then that could indicate a low system. another (more accurate) way to check the ac system is to hook up guages and get a reading.

these tests will point you in the right diagnostic proceedure. the results would determine the best route to go from there.

good luck.

df

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.