BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... my battery went POOF and now my radio will not work without a code.

Hmmm now where did I put that code??....

How does one find out the code if the code is lost???

Feeling a bit like Homer Simpson at the moment.

RoadHired

·
Registered
387 Posts
As previously stated, the code might be in your owner's manual. Possibly handwritten on the inside page. I did mine recently after a battery meltdown, from memory there is a six digit code that you input. If you input 3 times wrongly, then it locks you out. You have to wait around 2 hours with the ignition set to position 1, then you input the correct code (hopefully). Full instructions should be in your owner's manual, yes I know there are a lot of "shoulds" here. Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1998 328ic Radio Code (REPLY)

Hi there

I had this problem but Please note this only works on if it is an LCD radio, take the Radio out place in a plastic bag and and put it in youir freezer for 10 to 15 mins!!! and when you take the radio out, the code will be showing in the top left hand corner of the LCD Screen!.....I know what you are thinking!,.....hey this guy is CRAZY...But thats what I thought when I was told of this.

Good Luck:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.