BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had this issue with my car foe a while. I began having issues when a hose slipped off the radiator when driving due to an improperly placed hose clamp. Before this happened, the car was running fine. However, after I fixed the hose and tried refilling the coolant reservior, it wouldn't go anywhere. I couldn't figure out what the issue was at all. It would just sit in the reservoir, filled to the top. But when I check the bleed screws, all the channels are empty. I replaced the radiator, the hoses, the water pump and the thermostat, still to no avail. Only thing I haven't replaced is the reservoir itself. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Could it have just been my reservoir this whole time? Any assistance helps, I'm not good with cars at all so my bad if I sound idiotic to most of you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The reservoir is the only thing you have not replaced so I would put a new one in to see if it helps. I just replaced mine after not being able to locate a coolant leak and now its solved. I replaced the radiator, hoses, water pump, and thermostat also and did not initially replace the reservoir thinking it was fine. Also search for the proper bleeding procedure on our cars, I was doing it wrong for years until I read up on it, this really helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts