BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Ronnie. I'm new to the forum so I'd like to start by saying hi and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have a 1998 740iL pre-facelift and it subsequently has the non-Vanos M62 It's a great car and a great engine, but I never turn my back to more power.

On e38's equipped with the M62TUB44 it seems like the general consensus is that a M62B46 is a good candidate to be swapping. My question is with my car being a non-Vanos vehicle, what would I need to do to integrate the M62B46 into my car? I understand there is a drive by wire throttle and pedal, oil pan and pump differences etc...Do I simply swap the old engine harness and computer for the Vanos harness and computer? What are all the things I would need to address? I should also add that I am not insistent on using vamos. If swapping the engine with a vanos delete would be simpler, please fill me in on how to do that.

I've done quite a lot of searching google and the various forums to no avail. I appreciate all information and wisdom passed forth.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E38 7 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.