BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1999 528i Engine died while driving

569 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Avermar 
#1 ·
Any help would be much appreciated I tried to look through the threads but I am new here and couldn’t find what I was looking for. 1999 528 140,000 miles car was driving perfectly and running perfectly and then suddenly lost power I had to pull to the side of the road the car was running extremely rough and RPMs would not come up no matter how much I tried to push The Excelerator pedal. Car would not restart but did turn over very well. I had it towed home. Went out to start the next day it started but ran horrible and powerless. Ran for about two minutes and then died. Hooked up my Matco code reader. P1250, P0300, PO 302, P0301 P1188 P1189, P1397, P1250, P0304, P0303, PO305, P0 170, P0173 it seems like a fuel delivery problem to me so quick and easy I replace the fuel pump relay which did nothing to resolve. I know the mass airflow sensor and crank sensor and cam position sensor and upstream O2 sensors are in these codes. But I’m really suspicious of the fuel pump itself. Any help would be much appreciated I’m trying to avoid expensive dealership diagnosis and a tow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.