BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 528i Wagon has not wanted to start twice now, but will take a jump from my small battery jumper. Everything such as radio, door lights etc work just fine, it just won't turn over, not even a sound but it will take a jump very easy. This is a new car to me and I'm not even certain where the battery is. I did find the positive connection to start it but was trying to find the battery itself so I can test it or replace it. Is it more common to be the battery than an alternator? My husband is out of town most of the time and I am wanting to do this myself and learn. Thank you! -Kat

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
Check your owner's manual. Or wait until one of the wagon owners here posts the location. It's in the back someplace. You may just have a bad connection, at the battery terminal, for instance, that won't handle the load that the starter puts on the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Standing at the rear of the car (facing the hatch) you'll see a black rectangular button on the right rear most panel (about 2 inches from the hatch). Push that button and the panel flops down; battery is sunk into the well..........it's a big rascal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts