BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok on saturday i was driving car all day, stopping and starting. during the day though it would take 2 turns to start sometimes and you could hear the starter playin up..then in evening i went to start the car and starter made the funny noise again and then just a clicking sound when i turned the key. So I got a jump off another car and it started after trying twice and hearing the funny noise from the starter. car was fine on sunday apart from starter making the noise couple times and fine today until this evening when I went to start and just the clicking sound, nothing, but got it started with jump leads..

so would it be starter, battery? any help appreciated

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Clicking noise is usually low battery. Get it and your alt tested.

Good luck, let us know.

Ed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Good luck, let us know.

Ed.
will let you know asap, have battery on charger tonight and will get tested tomorrow! always bloody something! usually when **** like this happens i sell the car, but im keeping it..can't beat the straight six!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good luck, let us know.

Ed.
ok had battery and alternator checked and apparently both are fine, i seen on battery terminals someone must have had something wired up to it and its just been tore off and theres wires wrapped around it, but that wouldnt drain battery? i also cleaned the earth at drivers top mount. battery was charged last night and starting ok today..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could my starter motor be draining the battery over time? im getting starter motor fixed tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts