Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was gonna buy these bbs wheels for my 328i vert it’s on stock ride high but wthey are 19 inch rims. The tire size is 225/40 but the thing is the wheel pattern is 5x114.3 I would need to run spacers to convert it to 5x120 but my question is would I be able to use the spaces an clear an not rub without rolling the fenders? Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey I was gonna buy these bbs wheels for my 328i vert it’s on stock ride high but wthey are 19 inch rims. The tire size is 225/40 but the thing is the wheel pattern is 5x114.3 I would need to run spacers to convert it to 5x120 but my question is would I be able to use the spaces an clear an not rub without rolling the fenders? Thank you.
I think you are going to end up with a few issues besides fender clearance.

BMWs center the wheels on the hub not the bolts, if the spacers you find do not have the right hub diameter you will end up with vibration. You can find spacer rings to take up the difference but sadly that does not always work either. I have run both spacers and hub rings and neither did as good a job as real BMW wheels with the right bolt circle, backspacing and proper hub size. Some aftermarket wheels made for BMW with the right bolt pattern and hub size are great, BBS is one of them, but the wheels you are looking at are likely not going to have the right hub size if the bolt circle is incorrect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn***8217;t know about that thank you for informing me because that sounds like a hassle I rather just buys wheels with the right pattern and everything I appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts