BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Rover
2 Posts
This is probably a dumb question, but is there any problem with putting OEM CSL wheels on a non-CSL e46 M3? There is no need for spacers, is there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
These wheels don't look like they have any certifications....also is the finish looks a little different than the ZCP/CSL wheels. Price is right and the weight is nice...I just worry about non-certified wheels on a daily driver I put 1000 miles a week on at times (average about 2000/month).

Anyway, my tire sizes were determined for me when I suffered a blow out shortly after making this post. They couldn't get a Conti overnight, ended up with 225/40R19 and 255/35R19 Michelin Super Sports. They had 235/35R19s, but no 265/30's. They had 275/30's as well. I had to make up my mind in 10 mins to get the order in so my tires were there in the morning.

I really like the tires. I just worry if the 225 will be a little off on a 8.5" front. In 6-12 months when I need new tires, I will upgrade the sizing if needed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I really like the tires. I just worry if the 225 will be a little off on a 8.5" front. In 6-12 months when I need new tires, I will upgrade the sizing if needed.
You should be fine with 225 on the 8.5" wheel. According to Tire Rack, these tires in that size can be used on wheels from 7.5-9". http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Clar=&frontTire=24YR9PSSXL&i1_Qty=2&tab=Sizes
Click on the "Specs" tab and you should see "Rim Width Range" in the 7th column from the right.

Here is another link on the subject from over on M3f. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=4710516&postcount=3

·
Registered
470 Posts
These wheels don't look like they have any certifications....also is the finish looks a little different than the ZCP/CSL wheels. Price is right and the weight is nice...I just worry about non-certified wheels on a daily driver I put 1000 miles a week on at times (average about 2000/month).

Anyway, my tire sizes were determined for me when I suffered a blow out shortly after making this post. They couldn't get a Conti overnight, ended up with 225/40R19 and 255/35R19 Michelin Super Sports. They had 235/35R19s, but no 265/30's. They had 275/30's as well. I had to make up my mind in 10 mins to get the order in so my tires were there in the morning.

Sportline is the only company (that I am aware of) who makes a CSL style wheel that is actually certified by JWL/VIA with certification numbers. The Sportline CS16 wheels are rotary forged and are definitely light weight and strong (more than good enough for everyday street driving). The Sportline wheels are powder coated silver which is more durable than most other wheels which are painted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sportline is the only company (that I am aware of) who makes a CSL style wheel that is actually certified by JWL/VIA with certification numbers. The Sportline CS16 wheels are rotary forged and are definitely light weight and strong (more than good enough for everyday street driving). The Sportline wheels are powder coated silver which is more durable than most other wheels which are painted.
interesting...I tried to look for certifications and didn't see them. That's a big plus.

Why don't you get a CSL and Sportline side by side for comparisons like the other replicas? I am curious to see them directly next to each other.

The price is definitely good and they are lighter too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I meant side by side like the other replicas. We all saw those other pics.

Just to see the wheels in the same lighting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't have the OEM ZCP wheels here in the warehouse to do a comparison shot. I can take a comparison if a customer comes in with the OEM CSL wheels, but until then, the above pictures are the best that I can do for you at this point of time.

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,237 Posts
On my old E46 M I ran a set of wheels with the same spec as CSLs (19x8.5 ET44, 19x9.5 ET27) for a while with 255-35-19 front and 275-30-19 rear with zero rubbing issues. Also right now I'm free shipping genuine BMW CSL wheel sets :D, you can check them out HERE.

ECS Tuning

21 - 30 of 30 Posts