Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is the link to the bulbs, make sure you reach out to Steve at HPB in the contact us and specifically ask if this part will fit onto your 2016, i know for the 2013's it definitely does. He will respond to you via email reply within a few days and ask if they will throw a code on the 6k bulbs, mine didn't but mine were not 6k.

http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/bmw-f30-drl-pw24w-led-bulb-upgrades.html
Thanks, man.

So, on the chain guides. Were they no longer faulty in 2016?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
we have the same car! my wife actually likes it because the seats are comfy. i'm a tall guy (6'1) and i have to put the seat wayyy back to feel comfy. what i like about it is that it's very responsive on the road, and i like when you pick sport mode the steeling wheel tights up and more power is thrown to the front (i assume). What i didn't realize until buying a BMW is that they consume oil like crazy. mine was asking for a quart in between oil changes. I took mine in for brake pad work (sensor was yelling at me to replace them) but the place that i bought the car from, or whomever did the previous maintenance work, didn't reset the sensor. The pad looked brand new. The shop said that it's a strong possibility that whomever did the work before didn't have the right software to reset the sensor. Also, they said that BMW doesn't resurface brakes. They just change them out (i thought that was weird).
For the brake pads, easy to replace the pads, rotors, and sensor, then you can reset yourself. Google for the procedure using the trip reset button on the gauge cluster. The car will quickly run it's own check and tell you if it can reset or not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks, man.

So, on the chain guides. Were they no longer faulty in 2016?

Hey Bimma, sad news i am closing this account by the end of today. If you want to check out my other threads in another forum which i cannot say which one: just look for my used id which is similar to this one at:

DadzBmer_N2o

Good luck to everyone and thank you all for letting me participate in these discussions.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
could i get halogen's from pelican parts? or are those just replacement bulbs for the stock bulbs? i too find it hard to see at night. i'd love to be able to have bright ass halos
BMW does sell a brighter halogen bulb. Many halogen equipped BMW cars were delivered with the headlights adjusted too low. Either have someone align them or look for the diy instructions here. Could make a big difference,

·
Officially a BMW Addict
849 Posts
Hey, folks.

Just picked up this girl a week ago. She's a 2016 with almost 90K mi.

Now I've heard it many times not to own these out of warranty. Huge gaps in her carfax history and all.... but I was infatuated by her beauty. I guess this is how us guys get into trouble. :D

Anyway, she looks to have been well maintained at least. Hope she'll be good to me.

Glad to be here so I can soak up some knowledge. I know my way around vehicles for the most part, but this is my first BMW and under this hood looks damn strange. :D

..Drew...
1. First bmw
2. 90k
3. out of warranty
4. gaps in service
what could go wrong....no offense but with patience you could have found a 328i.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Make friends with your local BMW service Dept and they will pull BMW shop service history for you .....

We have 92k on our 2014 328i with nary a prob!

You don***8217;t have the timing chain concern on a 2916

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
1. First bmw
2. 90k
3. out of warranty
4. gaps in service
what could go wrong....no offense but with patience you could have found a 328i.
A few disclosures....

1. First BMW but I'm pretty good about diy maint and repair
2. See #1
3. Got it cheap as a result
4. Gaps in maint HISTORY... car seems well maintained. Carfax sucks

I don't mind the 320i. It's still got decent power and a bit better on gas.

Make friends with your local BMW service Dept and they will pull BMW shop service history for you .....

We have 92k on our 2014 328i with nary a prob!

You don't have the timing chain concern on a 2916
Thanks, it seems the manuf cutoff date for cars with possible timing chain/guides issues was Feb 2015.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most of the time that is where it should be. Driving hard or in high temps with ac on will get it closer to 250.

Because it is measuring oil temp it won't heat as quickly as coolant. Because coolant is there to extract excess heat it surrounds the top and sides of the combustion chamber. And heats faster. Oil is there mostly to provide lubrication.
+1

What I see as well. You are good!

And yep, top down, AC on, hot day and it will get very close to that 250 on the gauge.

2012 but same N20 engine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
BMW picks up the tab for services up to 50k. After that many people get their routine maintenance elsewhere. That's why your new vehicle's carfax doesn't show dealer services after 50k.

·
tom_man
6 Posts
Hey, folks.

Just picked up this girl a week ago. She's a 2016 with almost 90K mi.

Now I've heard it many times not to own these out of warranty. Huge gaps in her carfax history and all.... but I was infatuated by her beauty. I guess this is how us guys get into trouble. :D

Anyway, she looks to have been well maintained at least. Hope she'll be good to me.

Glad to be here so I can soak up some knowledge. I know my way around vehicles for the most part, but this is my first BMW and under this hood looks damn strange. :D

..Drew...
I have patriotwarranty.com for quite some time. never let me down. I think a car shield is all advertisements.

my guy was Marcus Phelps pretty decent guy took care of me for the past 3 years. email him [email protected]
i could use a referral credit lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts