Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL - picked up a 1995 325i convertible with 75K miles on it last spring. Drove it all summer. 79k on it now. No leaks or other issues. Runs better than my F10. Anyway, time for an oil change, don***8217;t know what was in it - Dino or synthetic. Any issue using BMW twin urbo 5w30 or should I use a blend or high mileage oil? Researched a bit and can***8217;t get to a solid conclusion. Not trying to start an oil thread but....

·
Registered
12,725 Posts
Hi ALL - picked up a 1995 325i convertible with 75K miles on it last spring. Drove it all summer. 79k on it now. No leaks or other issues. Runs better than my F10. Anyway, time for an oil change, don't know what was in it - Dino or synthetic. Any issue using BMW twin urbo 5w30 or should I use a blend or high mileage oil? Researched a bit and can't get to a solid conclusion. Not trying to start an oil thread but....
Any oil rated BMW LL-01 is ok to use as is the BMW 5W30. That's what they'd put in the car if you had the oil changed at the dealer.

I've been running Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 for a while now with no issues. Rumor has it that with the worldwide agreement BMW signed with Shell Oil a couple years ago, Pennzoil Platinum is what comes in the BMW oil bottles. Note that if you go this way you want the Euro, not the Euro L. Euro L is for diesel engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts