BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st Photoshoot | 550i GT | DINAN Stg. 2 | H&R Springs | Muffler Delete w/ Quad Tips

Hey guys!

Finally got around to taking the car out for a nice early photoshoot. :D Got some sweet views of NYC in the back.

As of now, the mods are:

- DINAN Stage 2
- H&R Lowering Springs
- Muffler Delete w/ Quad Tips by ACM
- Yellow Fogs
- Black Eyebrows
- Custom Red/Black CF Roundels
- Full Chrome Delete (door handles, side marker, rear strip)
- Matte Black Reflectors (front and rear)
- Red Painted Calipers (BMW logo coming soon)
- Smoked Sidemarkers
- 20% Viper Tint

Still more mods to come (smoked taillights, bodykit, etc)

Enjoy the photos.

P.S. I had to cover the date and time since I couldn't get rid of it, so I made a custom logo.

(my favorite^^^)

You can also view them at bigger sizes at http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Gib mir Feurschutz!
1,173 Posts
I like!

Looks great - love those quad exhausts.

:thumbup:

·
God is on vacation
68 Posts
Something is missing I looked and I looked, it looks great but I cant yet put my finger on why no WOW factor.
The exhaust is common in most American cars and I would have preferred the Europa Oblong on it, sorry

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something is missing I looked and I looked, it looks great but I cant yet put my finger on why no WOW factor.
The exhaust is common in most American cars and I would have preferred the Europa Oblong on it, sorry
I'm sorry, what is Europa Oblong? I agree that the tips are simple but it would cost a lot to re-weld on some better looking tips. Don't worry though, I'm going to be doing something very cool with them.

·
Eye of the Wolf
2,777 Posts
Sleek, elegant - with just the right amount of snarly bad-ass.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sleek, elegant - with just the right amount of snarly bad-ass.
Exactly ^^^ :thumbup::rofl:

Especially lowered now the back is lower and looks more settled. From the side it doesn't look awkward anymore, looks more like a GranCoupe now. Just more bad-ass ;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
1st Photoshoot | 550i GT | DINAN Stg. 2 | H&R Springs | Muffler Delete w/ Quad

Nicely done. The car has great character without being ostentatious. It's relaxed and at peace but also aware of its surroundings and ready to pounce on any unsuspecting prey.

http://blogs.sacurrent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/black-panther1.jpg

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really nice. Where did you get (or how did you do) the color on the fog lights? I really like it.

Are you going to black out the side turn indicators or the lower finisher rods? The latter is a pretty easy mod as they just pop out and can be painted or dipped.

FWIW
DLM

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Really nice. Where did you get (or how did you do) the color on the fog lights? I really like it.

Are you going to black out the side turn indicators or the lower finisher rods? The latter is a pretty easy mod as they just pop out and can be painted or dipped.

FWIW
DLM
The side marker is already matte black? The turn signal in the side marker is going to be smoked soon, and what is the lower finisher rods?

And the yellow fog vinyl was bought off ebay. My friend did it for me.

Oh an Dmunz, send me some pics of your GT. Are they similar to mine?

·
Registered
247 Posts
1st Photoshoot | 550i GT | DINAN Stg. 2 | H&R Springs | Muffler Delete w/ Quad

Mine is not nearly as nice as yours but I did black out a lot. I started with the rods which are the silver wings on the mower grill next to the fog lamps. Being silver they really bugged me. They just pull out so a quick spray or dip and they are fixed.

FWIW
DLM

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is not nearly as nice as yours but I did black out a lot. I started with the rods which are the silver wings on the mower grill next to the fog lamps. Being silver they really bugged me. They just pull out so a quick spray or dip and they are fixed.

FWIW
DLM

I dont know, I kind of like them silver. Gives a little contrast.

·
Registered
247 Posts
<snip>

The side marker is already matte black?

<snip>
Ok, I'm a dope and I missed that. How did you get them blacked out? Also, did you pull off the sliver "smile" from the back to coat it, or do it in place? Again, if you pulled it off, how did you do it?

TIA
DLM

·
Registered
247 Posts
I dont know, I kind of like them silver. Gives a little contrast.
Fair enough. I think you have pleanty of contrast with the fog lamps and badge color. Here's a few shots of mine. The only thing missing is that I have now blacked over the blue in the roundle.

FWIW
DLM

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice job, i love it just the way it is INCLUDING the tips...i would lose the 550 and just leave the GT thats what i did on mine...

how long have you had the stage 2... it Fn rocks....ya need the springs makes all the diff, i did the springs a month later and it really needed it... i went eisenmann exhaust which i! love

great job ENJOY..

custom install radar and laser ?????? if not consider it... police are getting wise to our luxury sedan that can take most things off the line and with the mods around the bends too.....

mp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts