BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I do not believe the US spec'd X3 will get a diesel engine. I believe the 2006 X3 will have the same engines as the 3 series, mainly the 215 hp 3.0 for the 2.5 and the 255 hp 3.0 littre for the 3.0. Don't know if they will change the name of the 2.5 (the base 3 series is still the 325i even though it has a 3.0 litre engine).

I drove the (X3) 3.0d. It is a very nice engine, diesel fuel here in Germany is much cheaper than premium unleaded (ROS 98, super plus unleaded) 1,01 euro per litre for diesel vs 1,27 euro/litre. Very torquey engine. Has comparable performance to the 3.0i (gas engine)

JP

· Parrothead/Car Nut
127 Posts
Rumour has it that diesels will not be offered by BMW until 2007 in the USA. The new X5 will likely be the first offering, but who knows for sure. I do know that they are, at least for now, committed to offering diesels in the US in the not so distant future............as is Honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.