BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 323i and i was wondering if you can buy painted trim moldings or if you had to paint them myself, and how i would do that.

and

to upgrade my cd player i would have to get a special in dash adapter so i can put in my new cd player. the only one i have found was from bavauto but i didnt look like it would have the right design to fit in perfectly to match the rest of my dash. does anyone know if this one will match the design or where i can find one that will match. i dont have a nav system its all pretty much stock, but i do have a cd player and not a tape player.

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the stereo, I don't have a model number but I got one that matched for 2003 330 just fine. I have done three car installs myself but the BMW I had done by a very high end shop. The Germans do things really weird (shallow dash, 3 ohm speakers, freaky wiring, etc) that make it hard to do anything to it yourself. I had a Kenwood DVD headunit installed and they had to hollow out some of the dash behind it just so that it would fit. I'm not saying this is impossible to do yourself - but if you have any questions regarding the parts I would leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
112 Posts
for your pre painted parts for the dash there are companies over here in the uk that supply chrome replacements (vent surrounds, electric window switch surrownds etc) one company is found at www.c3bmw.com it's based in london, but sure they could export the items for you, other than that i havent seen anyone selling coloured parts and it's pretty easy to DIY. just use a good plastic primer and nice even coats when sprayig till you reach the desired effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts