BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
It's all about me!
1,519 Posts
The normal sport wheels on a 750 are 20"....so I think aftermarket 20" would be just fine.

However, I seem to recall that tires were not that common in a 20" and were pretty expensive. I could be wrong, but you might want to check that out.

·
President
8,098 Posts
The normal sport wheels on a 750 are 20"....so I think aftermarket 20" would be just fine.

However, I seem to recall that tires were not that common in a 20" and were pretty expensive. I could be wrong, but you might want to check that out.
stock 20s dont have alip so they look ok

most aftermarket wheels have lips so that makes the wheels look tiny

and Bobby, wrong again! :D

20in tires are some of the cheapest tire sizes, it's the ODD sizes that are usually expensive, like 21s

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
If u do 20's make sure they are factory.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
+1

if you are going aftermarket then its 22s
I dont know about that. I have 20s aftermarket and im happy with how they look. At the same time my car is also dropped and that made a huge difference in the look of my car. IMO they look better than the stock 20s. They are right about not getting a lip with 20 inch rims. You have to think about how you drive, where you live, what look you are going for and what your budget is. Too many go and get cheap 22inch chrome rims and think they look good.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

·
bye bye
102 Posts
i'm going 20" MRR gt7 for summer. i think they look the most like a stock wheel but even better looking. 22s are too much of a headache to baby through potholes & city driving. i also don''t like the standard factory 20s on alpine white. 21" 128s are probably the best compromise (and looking) but are much harder to find tire sizes for. i say stick with 20" and yes, try to avoid a big lip.

·
President
8,098 Posts
I dont know about that. I have 20s aftermarket and im happy with how they look. At the same time my car is also dropped and that made a huge difference in the look of my car. IMO they look better than the stock 20s. They are right about not getting a lip with 20 inch rims. You have to think about how you drive, where you live, what look you are going for and what your budget is. Too many go and get cheap 22inch chrome rims and think they look good.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
when i was typing that i was thinking about you :rofl: like what is he gonna say about what i wrote

but what i should have said was that aftermarket wheels in 20in only look good on the e65/66 if they DONT have a lip, like your wheels...

and all the pictures posted in this thread with 7s on 20s look like the wheels are TOO small for the car

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If you want to go 20", go lip less and staggered for sure.

Here are some ideas.

MRR Design HR6
Avant Garde M310
Miro Type 111
Niche Circut
TSW Donington
TSW Interlagos
TSW Nurburgring
good choices. and yes they must be staggered!!!!

i'm going 20" MRR gt7 for summer. i think they look the most like a stock wheel but even better looking. 22s are too much of a headache to baby through potholes & city driving. i also don''t like the standard factory 20s on alpine white. 21" 128s are probably the best compromise (and looking) but are much harder to find tire sizes for. i say stick with 20" and yes, try to avoid a big lip.
if you have alpine white i would suggest going with the 128s chrome. Nothing better unless you go with aftermarket 3 piece 22 inch wheel like the few have on here.

when i was typing that i was thinking about you :rofl: like what is he gonna say about what i wrote

but what i should have said was that aftermarket wheels in 20in only look good on the e65/66 if they DONT have a lip, like your wheels...

and all the pictures posted in this thread with 7s on 20s look like the wheels are TOO small for the car
:rofl: that's too weird cuz when i read your post i was like damn doesn't he remember complimenting on my wheels and set up.. but i do appreciate it my friend. most 20inch wheels do look too small especially on a E66.

·
750li 745i
519 Posts
20" with a lip looks far to small. even getting it lowered did nothing to make them appear bigger. i regret not getting atleast 21's or no lip. my favorite 20's or rims in general are the ones from brooklyns finest which im pretty sure is ^^^

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
20" with a lip looks far to small. even getting it lowered did nothing to make them appear bigger. i regret not getting atleast 21's or no lip. my favorite 20's or rims in general are the ones from brooklyns finest which im pretty sure is ^^^
completely agree. MRR HR6 are light weight sturdy wheels. why don't you sell those and try and get into 21's 128's or aftermarket 22s.

·
Big Daddy
110 Posts
so what would you guys consider TOO BIG OF A LIP? Inches?

My buddy has 20 Repos on his stock hieght E66. His car looks trick. My stock 18's look like I'm going to hand out at the Library. I've got 20's (staggered on the way).... Hope I made the right choice. For the price, I couldn't beat it.... 1/4 of cost new with tires.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.