BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, Ive searched a bunch and there are all roundabout answers. I have a 13' 650 GC M Sport with factory 20's. I have blown 2 tires, damaged 2 rims in a span of a month here in MA on 2 separate occasions. I need some more protection with a thicker sidewall. Cant get a straight answer based on my search. Besides going to a 19" set up or lower can I get away with a 245/40/20 - 275/35/20 with front wheels being 20x9 et35 and rears 20x10 et40? Just don't wanna rub, add spacers and if I can grab a half inch and still have 20's as opposed to 19's I'd rather do that. Thoughts please!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey all, Ive searched a bunch and there are all roundabout answers. I have a 13' 650 GC M Sport with factory 20's. I have blown 2 tires, damaged 2 rims in a span of a month here in MA on 2 separate occasions. I need some more protection with a thicker sidewall. Cant get a straight answer based on my search. Besides going to a 19" set up or lower can I get away with a 245/40/20 - 275/35/20 with front wheels being 20x9 et35 and rears 20x10 et40? Just don't wanna rub, add spacers and if I can grab a half inch and still have 20's as opposed to 19's I'd rather do that. Thoughts please!
Not sure if it will fit but when I changed from Runflats to regular tires in the same profile I stopped bending wheels.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Try comparing your existing front tires and wheel specs with the frontts you're asking us about...then do the same with the rears. This site will let you see the difference and if you'll have too much poke or too much inset: https://www.willtheyfit.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts