BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wipers, windows, blinkers and stereo are all disabled. The stereo and portions of my instrument cluster are not new issues as they have gone out intermittently before and I was told that it was due to a bad ambient air temperature sensor. Two days ago I had my sensor replaced but still I was without most of my instrument cluster and the stereo was still disabled. This made me think that the technician that replaced my sensor didn't reset my computer and clear codes, so I disconnected the negative battery terminal to reboot the computer and now windows and wipers will not work either. I know that the motors for the windows are ok because when I put my key in the door lock and press the center button on my key the windows work, the wipers I am at a loss for. If anyone can help that would be wonderful ***x1f60a; thanks

·
Keeping it surreal
43,097 Posts
First things first. Let`s start with the basics. How old is the battery in the car ? Have you tested it ? (I`m talking full-on stress test, not just putting a voltmeter across the terminals).
Are the ground connections clean and tight ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery was tested and then replaced only last June and the terminals appear to be tight and clean

·
Keeping it surreal
43,097 Posts
The battery was tested and then replaced only last June and the terminals appear to be tight and clean
"Only last June" can be an eternity in "battery years"....how old is the battery itself ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts