BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most people are telling me valve cover gaskets but i just wanted to get every buddys input on this i think 1 and 2 had oil in them it smelled like gas and oil but i dont really know much about bmws please some one help me so i dont have to take it the bmw and them charge me 999999 lol i dont know but i know its gonna be $$$$$$$$$$ so please help me

·
BMW = Fahrvergnügen
448 Posts
If by "oil in them" you mean "oil in the passage in the head under the coils that the spark plugs fit into," then yes, valve cover gaskets. They're a common failure item. You should be able to tell pretty easy. There'll be oil and/or sludge where the valve cover meets the top of the head if the gasket is leaking.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If by "oil in them" you mean "oil in the passage in the head under the coils that the spark plugs fit into," then yes, valve cover gaskets. They're a common failure item. You should be able to tell pretty easy. There'll be oil and/or sludge where the valve cover meets the top of the head if the gasket is leaking.
Yep exactly as SchwarzeEwigk, You will need new valve cover gaskets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.