BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long long time, my car is finally repaired. I haven't started it in a while and the battery was dead. I purchased a new battery from autozone (looked up which one was good of course), but the car will not start. The radio, dashboard and lights work fine but nothing from the engine other than the clink.

any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I'll throw out a long shot - fuel pump fuse. maybe getting OBD codes read may help

Immobilizer does come to mind first though, with long dead battery

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
I'll throw out a long shot - fuel pump fuse. maybe getting OBD codes read may help

Immobilizer does come to mind first though, with long dead battery
The car would still turn over with the key if it was the fuel pump fuse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the door handle is out right now, think tat could be it? cause as of now they key doesnt lock/unlock the car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i turn the key (1st time) to start the car it goes all the way and when i release it to the position when the car should be on, i cannot turn it that extra (to the end) again. i also have the red light which looks like a gear with ! inside

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
when i turn the key (1st time) to start the car it goes all the way and when i release it to the position when the car should be on, i cannot turn it that extra (to the end) again. i also have the red light which looks like a gear with ! inside
The first is normal, BMWs are like that.

The second is a transmission fault, shouldn't be related to it starting...

Another possibility is the park interlock is broken, try starting the car in neutral instead?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check battery cable connection , alternator cable connection, ground wire connection. I think it is just loose connection . It happens to me also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts