BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I have a 2000 328i coupe. It's been sitting for a few months so I'm sure I may need to drain and refill all of the fluids. But I'm wondering if the problem I am having is because I'm using the wrong key?

The cars battery is holding a charge, whether or not the battery is full, I don't know.
The key unlock the doors and the trunk and it also turns over in the ignition...
Car will not start..it tries to start but never starts. Sounds like there isn't enough power to start the car but still the battery hasn't drained any since I jumped it. What could this be?

Could it be that the gas has evaporated?
Help me!
I'm definitely taking it to a BMW dealership but I just want advice on what it could be...thanks

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Could be fuel pump, crankshaft sensor, corroded power and ground cables.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E46 3 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
Keeping it surreal
43,227 Posts
Sounds like the battery is toast. Batteries do not like to be left in a state of discharge for any length of time (especially as they`re getting older). It reduces their ability to accept and hold a charge for more than a day or so....

BMWs are extremely battery-dependent....we have seen hundreds of cases like yours come through here over the years, I would say that with 90% of them, a new battery solved the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.

Sounds like the battery is toast. Batteries do not like to be left in a state of discharge for any length of time (especially as they`re getting older). It reduces their ability to accept and hold a charge for more than a day or so....

BMWs are extremely battery-dependent....we have seen hundreds of cases like yours come through here over the years, I would say that with 90% of them, a new battery solved the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts