BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When key is inserted and turned to start the car, the dash lights come on but there is nothing when I turn to the start position. No clicking,etc.
My battery is charged; I tried 2 keys but no luck.
A check engine light came on a day before this happened but I don't know the code since I hadn't had a chance to take it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Check this out

I had something similar and it was oil level sender. You should check fuse 15 in glow box, if its gone you have the same problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It may be the fuel pump. That would be my guess. I'm having a similar problem with my car and I have 112K on the odometer.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Doesn't look like dead fuel pump, in that case engine tries to start but no luck as no fuel, here it even doesn't try, so more like some electric problem, maybe some fuse, or alternator or somethig like that.

I would start to check all fuses...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Check the ground that runs from the subframe to the chassis leg. It is right underneath the a/c compressor, and it is held on with a 13 mm nut on either end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car started!

You guys are the greatest! My car started after I double checked the fuses and replaced #15.
I tested it before and it checked out OK. But, when the fuses kept being mentioned, I replaced #15(engine control) and it started.
I don't know if the fuse was bad all along or it was just reseated.
Now the check engine light is on, so it will have to be read.
Will keep you updated.
Thanks again all for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts