BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here but reading reviews for some time. I have a similar problem others have discussed. My nav screen goes black then has lines and dots and then will come on for a while and stop. I have reset my nav computer several times and it helps but now it is getting worse. Now I notice my radio is shutting off after about 2 minutes and 40 sec. I push power on off and it will run again for about the same time. This is with my nav computer hooked up or out. I have the nav computer out right now and the radio still functions and then shuts off after the time period.
I have checked my battery and it is working fine with normal charge. so this is eliminated. can the nav computer being out still have an effect on this. What else could I look at for trouble shooting. If my nav computer is not causing the screen to go haywire then something else is the common issue for both problems.

Anyone have some more ideas to look at.

Thanks James

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have you checked all the connectors on the radio stack in the trunk? I've had intermittent problems like this a few times and re-seating the trunk connectors always fixes it for me.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not check these connectors yet it seemed isolated to the nav computer. But the readio connectors should not any effect on the nav screen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts