Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people...
I have a 2000 323i wagon in that dark blue color. you think i should get the clear corner or smoke corner? i'm leaning toward the smoke corner because i think my car is too dark to have a "white" corner. i'll be using amber bulbs because i don't like the yellowish white and don't like the hyper "ricey" white. =)

For smoke corners, i found them on Bavarian.

what do you think??? =) do they carry high quality corners like the oem ones? cuz i don't want to settle with bad fitment like the ones off eBay..

as for OEM clear corner from BMW dealer, how much am I looking at for the pair? What's the part number? thanks.

sincerely,
Don

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Smoked corners belong on a late '80s Mercedes with owners that has no taste. Honestly, how anyone could think smoked corners look good is beyond me.

Just my 2 cents.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:
Smoked corners belong on a late '80s Mercedes with owners that has no taste. Honestly, how anyone could think smoked corners look good is beyond me.

Just my 2 cents.
:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Kiss my ass!

:lmao: :lmao:

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
Kaz said:

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Kiss my ass!

:lmao: :lmao:
Hey we saw pictures of that a** and we ain't kissing it . . . try playboy.com for that :flipoff: ;)

·
Here since day one
7,178 Posts
Let me put my 2 cents in . . .the dark blue happens to look very good with the Ambers . . . I've got clears on my black Ci so it's not like I'm against them or anything . . .

If I were you I'd stay stock . . .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Clears

I've always thought that the smoked lenses looks like either they're dirty or they're burnt out. You know how sometimes a lightbulb burns out and it looks like something blew up inside it? That's what it reminds me of. (Sorry.) I'd stay stock before getting smoked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alan F said:
Let me put my 2 cents in . . .the dark blue happens to look very good with the Ambers . . . I've got clears on my black Ci so it's not like I'm against them or anything . . .

If I were you I'd stay stock . . .
yeah, i like amber too. when i had my Mercedes W202 C Class, I got clear corners but put amber bulbs in there so it has a hint of amber. i would like the do the same thing for this 323 wagon. I probably go for the OEM clear corner and clear sidemarker and get amber light bulbs.

If i want to get clear ones, should i get them from Bavarian or a BMW dealer? Thanks.

Don

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
dontae919 said:

yeah, i like amber too. when i had my Mercedes W202 C Class, I got clear corners but put amber bulbs in there so it has a hint of amber. i would like the do the same thing for this 323 wagon. I probably go for the OEM clear corner and clear sidemarker and get amber light bulbs.

If i want to get clear ones, should i get them from Bavarian or a BMW dealer? Thanks.

Don
That's what I did for our wagon, got OEM clears and put the orange bulb in that came with them. Some people like to put clear or silvervision bulbs in but I prefer the orange bulbs.

see attached

Attachments

·
10,856 Posts
On dark colors I generally prefer ambers...
However, the egg yolk look is also VERY nice. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jeff_DML said:

That's what I did for our wagon, got OEM clears and put the orange bulb in that came with them. Some people like to put clear or silvervision bulbs in but I prefer the orange bulbs.

see attached
Hi Jeff,
did your car come with that taillight? Mine is a 2000 so I still have the orange turn signal in the back. yeah, i probably get clear corners and pop in amber bulbs, and for side markers too.

my question is now, should I get it from BMW dealership or Bavarian or Bekkers? thanks.

don

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
dontae919 said:

Hi Jeff,
did your car come with that taillight? Mine is a 2000 so I still have the orange turn signal in the back. yeah, i probably get clear corners and pop in amber bulbs, and for side markers too.

my question is now, should I get it from BMW dealership or Bavarian or Bekkers? thanks.

don
Nope, bought them from Maximillian imports, BMW OEM clears imported from Germany. I had the orange ones like yours orginally.

Our wagon is a 2002, so the front and side indicators are different then yours. Not sure about the rear whether they are the same or not.

For the sedans, pre-2002 models you could buy them from the dealer since they where the same as the coupe. Since you have a wagon and clears where never available in the states I dont think you can get them from the dealer. Actually you can buy the front and side from the dealer since they should fit but not rear.

You have 3 options if you want clears that I can think of
1. Buy front and side from dealer, rear from tuner
2. But front,side and rear from tuner. Might be cheaper since buying in a group from tuner then #1.
3. Buy front and side from dealer, paint rear red like I think Kaz did.

Jeff

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
dontae919 said:
thanks Jeff... for tuners, who makes the best quality corner and side? thanks.

Don
Tuners dont make them, they either import BMW OEM or they buy the imitation ones. I prefer OEM myself but they will be a bit more expensive then imitation ones. The ones I bought where from a tuner who imported the BMW OEM ones.

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i know what oem stands for =) i thought Bekkers and Bavarians those stores make their own corner for cars, so i was just wondering how makes the best quality ones besides the OEM ones.

I probably go for OEM ones to save some trouble. Who sells the BMW OEM corner and side marker the cheapest? Or can I only get them from my local BMW dealer?

thanks Jeff for all the info =) After the corners and sidemarker, my next project is getting a cd changer. i can't stand listening to radio all the time.. heeheee..

Don

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
dontae919 said:
i know what oem stands for =) i thought Bekkers and Bavarians those stores make their own corner for cars, so i was just wondering how makes the best quality ones besides the OEM ones.

I probably go for OEM ones to save some trouble. Who sells the BMW OEM corner and side marker the cheapest? Or can I only get them from my local BMW dealer?

thanks Jeff for all the info =) After the corners and sidemarker, my next project is getting a cd changer. i can't stand listening to radio all the time.. heeheee..

Don
Just making sure:p

One of the big three probably but you could ask around

Cutter // Of course:D
Pacific
Circle

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks Jeff.. where are these dealerships you just mentioned? I think Pacific BMW is in Orange County. Are they cheaper than other dealerships? thanks.

Don

1 - 20 of 20 Posts