BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the car, hate the sound system. I noticed the first time i turned on the radio, that the sound system really sucks !!!!!!!! , the speakers don't give enough bass or treble. My 96 BMW 318i has a better sound system than this car. I thought something was wrong with the sound and maybe something needs to be replaced but everything checked out right. I don't understand why BMW would put such a crappy sound system in a $75,000 car. I am not expecting audiophile quality but something decent. Another thing, the radio display occasionally blinks which is annoying and embrassing when other passangers are in the car. The car itself is perfect, thats why i bought in the first place over seeing the sound system. BMW 5 SERIES STANDARD SOUND SYSTEM TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT ! :rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
welcome to the club.

going to dump in some $$ in the summer and slap in 2 10"s in the back for some base and replace some other things here and there

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ditto....Premium Sound....ha! If what I have is Premium sound, I would hate to be stuck with the non-Premium system!

My '96 Chevy Tahoe factory sound system (not Bose, just CD player in an LT trim interior) sounds WAAAYYYY better than the Premium sound system in my 2000 model 540.

I will be upgrading....but......the sound system is one item on a very short list of things I'm disappointed with in the car

·
Registered
228 Posts
BMW528i_Bilal said:
I love the car, hate the sound system. I noticed the first time i turned on the radio, that the sound system really sucks !!!!!!!! , the speakers don't give enough bass or treble. My 96 BMW 318i has a better sound system than this car. I thought something was wrong with the sound and maybe something needs to be replaced but everything checked out right. I don't understand why BMW would put such a crappy sound system in a $75,000 car. I am not expecting audiophile quality but something decent. Another thing, the radio display occasionally blinks which is annoying and embrassing when other passangers are in the car. The car itself is perfect, thats why i bought in the first place over seeing the sound system. BMW 5 SERIES STANDARD SOUND SYSTEM TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT ! :rolleyes: :thumbdwn:
Bilal who needs music when you can enjoy the engine hummm?

Although agreed. The quality of sounds sucks on a 2K 528i. Which is surprising if you look at the cost at which this vehicle was sold at the time.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Yep...if you get a chance, listen to the Logic 7 in the new E60. It is awesome!

·
JETPILOT10
197 Posts
Sub Emclosure on DSP system

When you get a chance, check out my sub emclosure I installed in my 2000 540 with DSP. Sound is awesome.......

Dave

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jetpilot10 said:
When you get a chance, check out my sub emclosure I installed in my 2000 540 with DSP. Sound is awesome.......

Dave
Does DSP really make a huge difference in the 5 series, and could i upgrade my 528i model to a DSP system???? I hate to use aftermarket stereo speakers. :eek:

·
lower than stock evildoer
173 Posts
A subwoofer is a MUST here ... :) So I simply added the subwoofer to improve the low frequencies. With the right adjustments and removed ski bag you can achieve surprisingly good results - even with stock speakers!

My friend replaced the front speakers and add some sub and amplifier:

Larger pics:
http://www.integra-mb.si/bmwslo/galerije/shootek/shootek/index.html

... and I did that:

The whole "story":
www.ge39.com/infinity.htm
... and large photos:
http://www.integra-mb.si/bmwslo/galerije/woofer/woofer/index.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.