BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2000 Z3 2.3L with 56K miles on it with the Z being garage kept, babied and looking brand new, in my opinion. It was in two tiny accidents, only 800-1K worth done, new bumper and new paint. The AC compressor needs to be replaced, just starting to leak. Rear struts are leaking a little bit as well. Came with brand new tires. Inside and out is 99% stock, the bumper being the only original piece missing. I paid 8,100. Did I get a deal or should I be mad at myself? Please don't hold back.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My question to you is do you like it? That is the inportant question. Price range is great on these cars. I paid $10K for my 2001 3.0 with 43k miles almost 2 years ago. Has many options but checked Autochek report and found out only registered in Texas and New Mexico, non cold weather snow or salt states. Had to replace a Disa valve for $500 six months later. Only non-maintenance expense so far. It sounds like the price you paid was fair for your car. I know it human nature but enjoy your car and dont 2nd guess the purchase. Welcome to the owners club.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The price sounds OK. Service records complete? Is the top in good condition? Did you receive the complete set of manuals including radio code? Is the trunk tool kit complete? Did it come with a boot cover? These are all tings that can add up and help paint an overall picture of how well the previous owners cared about their Z3. I was willing to pay more because I had all those things (including the original window sticker) and it was well worth the extra $$. No mechanical issues so far.

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
i agree with these guys. pics would be nice, though... :angel:

most importantly, enjoy the car!! these things are mean to be driven. :thumbup:

df

·
Registered
18 Posts
Who really cares unless you can't afford shoes after buying it. I paid more than you for a 2000 with 84,000K. But I've had it for a year now and it makes me happy every time I drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't be mad, just enjoy your car and drive it. I paid 8k for an 01 2.5 three years ago and I love it. I always check out the Z3s I see for sale and most are pretty rough and are still around 6-7k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Never look back at a purchase with at buyer's remorse, just go put the top down, go for a ride and enjoy it while you have it.
I just picked up a 97 2.8 with 85K on the clock for $5,500. I'll play with it for a couple years and still get what I paid for it back.

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
I just bought a MY 2000 2.3L three months ago as well. It had 66K miles on it. New top and tires and brakes. It was in generally good condition with a couple of minor paint issues and some wear on the seats. I paid $9K and then put a preventative water pump and thermostat on it. Very pleased with it. I think you did just fine. I routinely see prices from 7500 to 10,000 on these.

·
Goluscombe
5 Posts
What is anything worth?

Last Friday I just bought a 2000 Z3 2.3 with 2,200 miles for $15,500. I just doesn't look and drive like new. It is, literally, new. Everywhere.

Where else, when else and how else would I ever have this chance again?

If it makes you happy, just go for it. You did the right thing.

Carl
Via Dragon Dictate

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 2 Z3's Both drive GREAT but neither is cosmetically perfect. 96 - $3100 w/109k 4 years ago. A one owner 98 w/99k, stored since 06 when owner died. Bought 3 years ago foe $4200. I realize I pretty much stole them. Love em both. Great ride comfort compared to the Z4's I drove. Wife didn't want but soon loved them too. Surprise, daughter does too. ;-)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the owner's club. Or more properly double owner's club. Great price and most important you are happy with them. Great choice. Enjoy!.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New here and to the Z3 owners club. Last Thursday picked up a 2001 3.0 with 59K for $8250. There are some minor paint marks and the bead around the rear window is lifting but everything else looks great, even the drivers seat looks good. Loving it so far.

·
"Driving Oustide the Box"
36 Posts
2001 Alpine White Z3 2.5i

Picked this one up last month for $7500.00 (one owner with 88k miles). Garage kept, clear headlights, new tires, top is perfect along with rear plastic window. 100% stock; I added a cassette auxiliary cord for my iPhone 6 and ran the cord down the side of the wood trim. Works like a charm. Just replaced door handle trim and gave her a good waxing. Very fun car...

Don't worry about overpaying if you can afford it and if you like it...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 Z3 Roadster 3.0 126,000 miles

Bought 8/30/16
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster
Titansilber Metallic
Techtronic Automatic
I paid $3800. Did a VIN Decode and A Carfax. Car is from CAlifornia. No accidents. Was a Corporate owned car used for executives- which led to being retitled multiple times. The good news is it's a California car; which is also good news as far as the rear spot welds/ differential issue goes...No issues as of yet. I checked trunk for visual signs-none.
The VIN decode shows following options:
Techtronic Automatic Transmission, Dynamic stability Control, Side Airbags, 17" staggered Alloy Wheels, Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles, Chrome Line Interior, Black Soft Top, Roll Bar Protectuon system, AC, Harmon Kardon HIFI System, M leather Steering Wheel, white direction indicators, main battery switch. Those are the non Standard Options on this car per the VIN.
It also has the soft cloth that covers the rear window before putting it down. As well as having the Toneau Cover that covers the top when it's down. The Accessory Windscreen that goes behind/ between seats is in this car as well.

1)I've already done the glove box fix and removed the 2 lb. steel weight from glove box door. 1a)Also removed the Knee Plate on Drivers Side Below steering Wheel - (These plates are only on cars Sold in the US- a waste of weight and is why glove box brakes). 2)Did the Subwoofer Fix by using a Pyle Power 600W Speaker. 3) Redyed the inner headliner 3a) Redyed the Windscreen (Both the headliner and Windscreen were faded from Sun 4) Replaced Dimmer Switch 5) Diagnosed & Welded Power Top Push Rod- Previous owner was opening it manually. 6) Replaced Condenser Fan Blade and Shroud. 7) Replaced the Drivers Side Upper Seat Belt Guide- I did the Repair Myself.... Willing to do anyone else's $100 per seat plus part. 8) I degreased the engine compartment- and spent 3 hours detailing anywhere my hand could reach. Have a new rear window coming tomorrow- big project; have to resting zipper all the way around to reinforce, which may lead to a whole top being done my- once again me...New Z3 Floor mats, Rear 1/4 Rock deflectors... Replacing the front kick panel speakers.. Blown out. Anyhows.... All the things that go bad on Z3's are being fixed in this car. Have to thank this Site. It makes it a lot easier to fix a car when you already know what to look for. Not sure how to post pictures on here. I've taken pictures of all fixes this far- including seat repair. Have a lead on a set of Chrome Style 41 wheels in great shape for $400. Shouldn't have more than $5000 to $5500 in car after buying it, new tires, upgraded wheels, and all the Z3 Bugs being fixed and a potential new top. I think I stole the car...whatdya think?

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
You don't mention how many miles were on it when you bought it. That is probably the biggest factor on price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts