BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2001 330ci for sale

1504 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Sean
I'm planning on selling my 01' 330ci. Does anyone have suggestions on where or how I should go about selling it. My list price is 29500 Here are a few specs on the car: 39000 miles

Harmen Kardon Sound System, Premium Package, Anti-lock Brakes, Traction Control, Premium Wheels, Power Driver's Seat, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Center Arm Rest, Lumbar Support, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Electronic Climate Control, Interior Wood Trim, CD changer, Tilt Steering Wheel, AM/FM Radio, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, nav/on board comp, park distance control, xenon lights, dsc, sport seats, spare wheel, rain sensor, fog lights, smokers package (although non-smoker), wood trim, tinted windows, oem clear corners, spoiler.

Any suggestions please
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Since your asking for advise, my first thought would be price.

29,500 seems way high to me.

There were a few 03 and 04 330i's with performance package on here recently that have sold for almost the same price.

Other than that, take lots of digital pictures.
Have a cronological list of maint. that has been done to the car.
Exterior and interior colors
auto or manual
list the options as packages (ie sport pack, premium pack, cold pack) then add on the other stuff like cd changer and nav. Don't waste time with standard features like power windows.

Useful sites to post on:

www.autotrader.com
This one
www.roadfly.com

The more reasonable the price the faster it will sell.
It's worth about $23k depending on market location. A convertible '03 is maybe worth $29k.

Look it up on kbb.com. Selling price is somwhere between private party and trade-in price.

An '03 is worth about $28-$29k and an '02 - about $25-$26k - as it is mid year and there's a new style out - I would guess price will be on the lower side.

List the options first (premium, xenons, etc) and don't forget the essentials - such as color, automatic or manual...
All 330ci have HK sound and climate control. If you want to list the stuff they all come with - do it last.

List all the faults the car has such as scratches, wear marks - your honesty will be noted.

Respond quickly to email or phone messages.

Be professional.
bimmerbabie said:
I'm planning on selling my 01' 330ci. Does anyone have suggestions on where or how I should go about selling it. My list price is 29500 Here are a few specs on the car: 39000 miles

Harmen Kardon Sound System, Premium Package, Anti-lock Brakes, Traction Control, Premium Wheels, Power Driver's Seat, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Center Arm Rest, Lumbar Support, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Electronic Climate Control, Interior Wood Trim, CD changer, Tilt Steering Wheel, AM/FM Radio, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, nav/on board comp, park distance control, xenon lights, dsc, sport seats, spare wheel, rain sensor, fog lights, smokers package (although non-smoker), wood trim, tinted windows, oem clear corners, spoiler.

Any suggestions please
biggest thing i can say is price is about 8 grand off for an 01 right now.

the socal market for 330 coupes is so dilluted that they're flying off lots for 20k-23k. nothing is even garnering low blue book because the e90 has just destroyed market value; as everyone is dumping their cars to shop for the newest body style.
$29,500? :yikes: You might get that if you have 10,000 cash in the trunk.
Not true for '01.
paulg said:
It's worth about $23k depending on market location. A convertible '03 is maybe worth $29k.

Look it up on kbb.com. Selling price is somwhere between private party and trade-in price.

An '03 is worth about $28-$29k and an '02 - about $25-$26k - as it is mid year and there's a new style out - I would guess price will be on the lower side.

List the options first (premium, xenons, etc) and don't forget the essentials - such as color, automatic or manual...
All 330ci have HK sound and climate control. If you want to list the stuff they all come with - do it last.

List all the faults the car has such as scratches, wear marks - your honesty will be noted.

Respond quickly to email or phone messages.

Be professional.
oh well, this chick has posted this same thread on EVERY bmw board out there, and not responded once to any of the threads...

she's smoking something if she thinks she's gonna get that price ANYWHERE in socal. i'm thinking of picking up a 330ci with 45k on the odo in SD tomorrow just cause the price is so low...
Price is way too high. Sold my 01 330Ci with SP, PP, Xenons, HK, and, Cd with $18k miles for much less.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.