BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing the DIY for the sunroof repair on my 2001 330ci. I examined the sun shade and discovered that both sliders on the driver side were not there and broke off. I ordered the new sliders today from the dealer, but I have a problem:

I will not be able to screw in the new sliders because there are no holes in the sun shade for the sliders to be screwed into. It looks like both holes where each slider go are filled with black plastic. I was expecting that maybe the screws would be stuck in there, but both holes are filled with black rubber plastic possibly.

Anyone know how I can put my new sliders on without getting a new sun shade? has anyone who did the DIY come across this same problem? thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
replacing slider issue

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a similar problem and wondered how you corrected. What was the degree of difficulty on removing slider, replacing parts and reinstalling?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.