BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one can give me a feedback. My car has the original business stereo (with tape player). The dash does not have a DSP button. I want to hook up the BMW cd changer to the trunk (where it says it is prewired for BMW cd changer). Can I do it and will it work?

Thanks.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Yes and yes. The wires should be back behind the panel where the round CD changer logo is located.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys are faster than 911 :)

so, even if my amplifier is _NOT_ DSP (which i dont know for sure), the bmw cd changer should work. Right? A DSP is not REQUIRED to play CD. Is my understanding correct?

From what I know and read from some site the DSP is the control for the equalizer built into the amplifier. This part is only found in an E38. the DSP controller in an E39 is apart of the ODC/MID display.

Thanks.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
DSP is not required for CD playback. BMW has two options for output on their CD players, digital output (for DSP) and analogue output, for non-DSP. You can't plug it in wrong either.

Also, Spokane540iA, try lossless music :D. iPods are capable of ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) playback; just means that fewer songs will fit. It makes a world of difference, no matter what some people say.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
I have BMW cd changer for sale, if interested, PM me. It doesn't have E39 brackets, but it's the same changer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.