Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to group have 2001 525i
Ok I was driving down the road and car just sputters for about a mile then finally just dies and this all happened out of no where however a week before it stopped I went to take off from a red light and it hesitated for about 3 seconds then picked up like normal I've since then taken the fuel pump out and tested with a small 9v jumper I have and it works but real slow could it be the pump still also after i took the pump out where the strainer is there is hardly any fuel showing above the black screen type thing the pump sits down into I've checked the fuse for pump and it's fine also I couldn't hear the pump run when turning key to on position but like I stated before it did run with the 9v jumper just really sluggish any suggestions would be much appreciated ps sorry for punctuation was in a hurry

·
Wingnut
3,710 Posts
a 9vdc jumper isnt really telling you anything, youre undervoltage for a pump that runs at a fairly high pressure. the sound it makes isnt very definitive either. you have a fuel pressure test point on the fuel rail, the tell all of how the fuel delivery system from the tank is working is to read the pressure at the rail, you should be seeing 50 psi or so. any CEL, codes stored? and welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts