BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 540i sport package with style 32 17" wheels. I was looking at a set of 18" M pars or the style 65 M wheels 18". My question is do I have to get them staggered or can I use the front rim size for the rear as well

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi

You can use the 'front' wheel from each of those designs on the rear if you want however, it'll look slightly 'wrong'.

The front wheels have a smaller 'lip' in terms of the design, and also a lower offset in terms of the geometry of the wheel specifications.

Most people choose to run the 'rear' wheels from these sets of wheels on the 'front' if anything.

As the Style 37 'M Parallel' and the Style 65 'M5 wheels' are very very popular, I'd say get a full staggered set and later, see if you can find a pair of 'rear' wheels to use on the front of your car.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis,

Really appreciate the info from across the Pond! I use my 540i as a daily driver and do not really care for the current wheels but am trying to do an upgrade that is both practical and looks awesome at the same time!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi Mike,

If you are wanting wheels that look awesome, then there's plenty of aftermarket choices which are exactly that! the two OEM designs you mention are what everyone wants - they do look good for sure, less so the style 65's for me, I can't stand them !

This forum is much more 'OEM' only orientated, which is fine and works for many, you'll see more E39's elsewhere on different wheels which truly look 'awesome' ! my Touring is my daily driver and I've only ever run 19's - I tend to favour Hartge wheels and have 4 sets currently! I do have a few more wheel sets as well and once they're done being made to my spec and finishes etc, I'll run those as well!

You won't really get the 'awesome' look by running four 'front' wheels though!

Cheers, Dennis!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts