BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help with replacement cats and 02 looking for something affordable for now where should I go online and whats the part numbers 2001 740il this is my 1st post. Im in Kansas City Mo so if anyone no something local would be helpful

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,393 Posts
Couple of things...

You should post in the model SPECIGIC forum, not here in introductions.... Just much more liklihood you will get a response there

WHY are you replacing cat and o2s?? I am willing to bet you need better diagnostics before spending the $$$. There are things that can go wrong that trigger cel /codes and many shops or users will mistakenly proclaim the cat is bad....

Gl

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our 7 Series forum, you'll get more help in here. For the cats I'm guessing they're build into the headers so your only option is a set of OEMs. Get the part numbers from RealOEM.com and then order them from our site sponsors that sell OEM parts - http://garage.bimmerfest.com/siteSponsor.php?&action=listsitesponsorindex

For the O2 sensors you can probably get good quality ones from AutoZone or similar but I would check what the prices are for OEMs and consider that if they're not so much more.

Tim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good advice Tim, but I'd add they should always look on Amazon to see what is available that is not saddled with regional pricing. Not so bad in Kansas City I'm sure, but most chain stores screw you hard as soon as you enter your zip. They have deals with brick and mortar locations not to undercut their premiums for being in a wealthier location or the only location in the state, like may be for Kansas. Want it? This is the price, since you are in east nowhere world or Beverly Hills/NYC.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I put on Magnaflow 94105's myself. It's a universal cat and the website will not list your car as compatible but it is. They run about $75 per on Amazon. I had a muffler shop put them on for me. I insisted on getting the old ones back and sold them for scrap, $200. This is for the rear set of cats as your car also has a forward set that's integrated with the manifold/header pipes.

Might check with Seeburg in NKC. I live west of the airport and use a place in Leavenworth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts