BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve owned my 740iL for little over 3-4 months now. Car was pretty much mint. About a month ago I’ve started having what seems to be a system glitch. Happens whenever it wants. The speedometer will go out, gas gauge changes drastically, and the steering of the car will either get tight or free. The traction control, ABS, and brake light will come on as well in the cluster but everything still works well. This happens on cold and warm days. Any ideas what could be either causing it or what’s wrong?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
While your looking for a BMW code reader, try this quick test:
If the test shows weird electrical results, there's a very good chance the ignition switch is bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I’ve owned my 740iL for little over 3-4 months now. Car was pretty much mint. About a month ago I’ve started having what seems to be a system glitch. Happens whenever it wants. The speedometer will go out, gas gauge changes drastically, and the steering of the car will either get tight or free. The traction control, ABS, and brake light will come on as well in the cluster but everything still works well. This happens on cold and warm days. Any ideas what could be either causing it or what’s wrong?
Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I’ve tried letting the car sit with the ignition on for a second and then turning the car on and I haven’t had an issue since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts