BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. just bought a used 2001 z3 2.5. the speedo is off about 10% at all speeds. the guy at performance bmw in chapel hill , n.c. told me this is normal for all bmw"s and cannot be calibrated. this seems odd to me. is this true? also , there is a high pitched whine at speed you can only hear with top up. they also said this is normal. car has 18,500 miles. i could use some help. thanks allen :)

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
allen b. said:
hi. just bought a used 2001 z3 2.5. the speedo is off about 10% at all speeds. the guy at performance bmw in chapel hill , n.c. told me this is normal for all bmw"s and cannot be calibrated. this seems odd to me. is this true? also , there is a high pitched whine at speed you can only hear with top up. they also said this is normal. car has 18,500 miles. i could use some help. thanks allen :)
Mine has the high pitched whisle , its hard to hear but with top up you can hear it or with hardtop on you can hear it
top town you can NOT hear it
Yes I suck its not perfect but now way in hell im tearing into that diff, thats where it comes from, if you let off the throttle it goes away, only under load is when you can hear it
I like to think that I got a speacial euro rear diff that no one else has , that is why mine has a slight whisle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts