BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 2002 325i with the SP. I want to replace the front bumper with either the 330i SP bumper or something else.

1. will the 330i SP bumper fit

2. what other bumpers are good choices (pics, links, prices etc.)

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Yes it will fit. I think that BMW also makes a front bumper that looks more like the M3's bumper for the sedan-- just pick up a copy of the BMW accessories catalog at your dealer and you'll be able to see all of the different bumper kits they have. Personally, I thikn you're making the right choice by sticking w/ BMW parts-- a lot of the third party aero-kits are bit over-done and kind of tacky looking (IMO). Of course, you should make your own choice.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want it to look as OEM as possible I love modding but it MUST be tasteful. I will pick up a copy of the catolog when I go to pick up my car. I love the look of the M3 bumer. What about the fog lights though ??? hmmm I'll have to take a look

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Actually, that's true. You will have to buy new foglights to fit your new bumper (regardless of which on you choose). You'll also have to pay to have the bumper painted. You might try PM'ing "the HACK" to get a sense for costs, he's changed his front and rear bumpers, i believe.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh, and M style bumper will actually cost you less and will be easier to install. I personally do not like it very much on 2002 facelifted models but this is strictly a matter of taste. It does look better on light paint cars (yet again - this is strictly subjective). I opted not to put an M3 bumper on my jet black 2002 330i after I saw one installed on another 2002 in the body shop. I think the OEM 330i aero bumper looks fantastic :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.