Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through much of Blue Bee's post addressing the ABS module replacement when the trifecta light applies. In my situation I have the DSC light only. Here's what I've done:

1) multi meter in diode mode: measured diode action on wheel sensors at the ABS module. Each measured ~1.7V in correct direction.
2) Pressure sensor located on back of ABS booster pump: with car idling and foot off pedal I measure 0.6 V, and wife pressing break with full pressure I get 2.9+ V. Notice, the sensor gets 5V on power and supposedly should give a signal to 5V, but I only see 2.9V. I haven't seen where others have posted their results.

The act of religion seems to be to replace/rebuild the ABS module. That's fine, but other have suggested it could be the steering angle sensor. I haven't yet done anything with the steering angle sensor, so I have to do some research, etc.

Meanwhile, are there other likely culprits?

Thanks!

·
Wingnut
3,703 Posts
the DSC light only is different from the trifecta. without having, or access to, a BMW specific scanner, theres some possibilities to be determined, yaw or lateral sensor, or the steering angle sensor, steering angle the most likely and common. if this is it, could be a calibration needed, easy enough but requires the right software, or could be a sensor replacement, bit of a PITA to do. yes the module could be the problem, as all the DSC circuitry is located within it, but not the most likely, and you really dont know much other than you have the DSC light illuminated til you get the code(s). any defect in one of more wheel speed sensors would have given you the complete trifecta.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts