BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Do a google search using the following phrase: "BMW bifecta trifecta Bluebee"

This should pull up most of the threads discussed about this issue that plagues the e38/e39/e46/e53 generation of BMWs. Bluebee compiled a lot of info on how to diagnose this issue to either eliminate or point the finger at the various locations/sensors/components that may be causing the one, two, or three lights that are related to brakes, ABS, and traction control.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Check the fluid level. The reservoir is under the drivers side cabin filter. If that's fine then it can be a number of things - ABS module, speed sensor, steering angle sensor. If you don't have a scanner then look on eBay for a C310. They can read BMW ABS codes

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
Yep you're gonna need a code reader or have someone read em

·
ALGhoul
1,254 Posts
Yep it may be brake fluid level low or sensor not properly set after changing it with brake pads
You can reset it by kep ignition on for 5 second then start the engine it'll go if there is no problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes which is what prompted me to change brakes they were worn so bad i had holes showing thru the rotors so just changed everything but the calipars and fliuids also i noticed that my driver side tires has no wear sensor at all i see it on my passenger side so i just went to ebay and ordered break sensors maybe that will solve the problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts