BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
desmoquattro addict
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm waiting for my car to clear Customs, I've been drooling over the cover of my E46 brochure.....just loving those style M68 double-spoke wheels on that Topaz Blue coupe. They just look soooo sleek and low-profile. Then I thought, maybe a little *too* low-profile. So I looked *real* closely at the picture....sure enough, I can make out the letters "ZR18" on the tires. Which means either A) you can get 18" style M68 wheels out there or B) they photoshopped some enlarged 17-inchers onto a 18" tire!

Anyone else have an 02 brouchure handy and tell me what they think? A or B?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
hantavirus said:
A) you can get 18" style M68 wheels out there or B) they photoshopped some enlarged 17-inchers onto a 18" tire!
Might be the same pic used on the 01 brochure I have at home. I will chack it out. That would be sweet if they made an 18 inch type 68. I don't much like the 72's. There is no dish at all. :(
 

·
desmoquattro addict
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: 2002 E46 Coupe Brochure cover - fake wheels?

TD330ci said:


Might be the same pic used on the 01 brochure I have at home. I will chack it out. That would be sweet if they made an 18 inch type 68. I don't much like the 72's. There is no dish at all. :(
Yeah I agree, the 72's are pretty one-dimensional. They must be a bi+ch to clean, too!

I'd be curious if the '01 cover is the same as '02. If it is, that means they might have photoshopped some clear corners onto the '02 brochure ('01s didn't have clears, right?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2002 E46 Coupe Brochure cover - fake wheels?

hantavirus said:


Yeah I agree, the 72's are pretty one-dimensional. They must be a bi+ch to clean, too!

I'd be curious if the '01 cover is the same as '02. If it is, that means they might have photoshopped some clear corners onto the '02 brochure ('01s didn't have clears, right?).
NOPE!! :thumbdwn:

Cost me $240.00 for the whole set!! :banghead:
 

·
When will then be now?
Joined
·
836 Posts
My guess is they may have done a Photoshop job on the wheels, just as they seem to have done on the clears and rear tailights ('02 Sedan).

On a related note, if you compare the '02 vs. '01 brochure on the sedan (I don't have the coupe ones handy, so I can't confirm if it's in there, too), you'll notice that they PS'd in the new 16:9 navigation unit. If you look really close at the interior picture in the '02 brochure, can see the shadow of the '01 unit's two round knobs just below the edge of the NAV, even though the new NAV has no such knobs near that location.

Hehe, but they forgot something in the '02 brochure: one small interior picture still shows the beige plastic trim from '01, as opposed to titanium or Myrtle. :p

Michael
 

·
Color blind photographer
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
I have two brochures on the coupes and the EXACT same photos show one car with the 17" wheel and the other with the 18" style 72 wheel. There are about 4 photos exactly in the same location, same car with different wheels. I think they did Photoshop the different wheels.
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
can someone scan or do something so I can see the wheels..I would LOVE to see the wheels in 18"..it was be very cool if they offered those in 18's.. I think they should... anyone up for a scan just for me? :lmao: :dunno: :angel:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top